Monday, July 9, 2012

Sew Awesome!

So, honestly, I was starting to think that I should just not sew. I was very discouraged. My head doesn't work like other people's and visualizing how something should work without detailed step-by-step pictures was a nightmare for me.

Last night my sweet husband surprised me with a late birthday present.  A LAPTOP! YAY! Now I don't have to print tons of tutorials and I have have videos and pinterest at my disposal in the dining room with my sewing machine.

To celebrate, I decided to use some fantastic fabric that I bought on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby and make myself a laptop bag. For once, I am glad to say, the bag turned out exactly how it was supposed to! I never once got discouraged or anxious. Of course, it helps that the the tutorial was very basic and straight forward.



I didn't have interfacing or quilting stuff so I used some thick, thick felt that I have had for a long time and it worked like a dream. I also decided to add a flap closure and velcro since the bag is a smidge big (better than too small, eh?) For the inside I used some minky material to keep the laptop nice and safe. Its also big enough that if I am going to be out for a long time I can put in the charger cable.

All in all, its been a fantastic Monday. Noah has had a blast playing legos and drumming to pandora songs while I sewed. Oh! And we have had RAIN!!!! Woo! The bad thing about it was so windy...took out part of our very mature maple in the backyard. Thankful it missed Noah's playset!!

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember a time before my laptop. LOL I love it, I know you will too. Great job on the bag. Glad the tree missed Noah's play stuff.

    ReplyDelete