Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The 12 Days of Craftmas!

Omgoodness, I am SO EXCITED to be participating in this amazing new tradition, the 12 days of craftmas!!

Are you excited? You should be! Cause it flipping AWESOME!

So, today is my day! If you have missed yesterday, the go back to Lizzie's blog and check out her awesome craftastic christmas craft!

Now, though, its my turn! It wasn't easy, but I was able to round up a bunch of scrabble tiles. I used a strong adhesive and glued the tiles together into words. It took a lot of patience, but I love how they turned out.

To attach the eye at the top I used a very fine drill bit and slowly (and I mean slowly) drilled a hole into the top and then screwed them in. I took some fun Christmas ribbon and tied bows. Viola! Awesome, unique Christmas ornaments. They also would look great as tags on your Christmas gifts!

Can't you imagine these adorable things hanging on your tree?The thing I love, besides the awesome of them, is that they are so cusomizable! 

Oh, and there is one more small thing, did I mention there was a give-away today? That's right! Thought that would make Craftmas even MORE exciting! WOO! 

In the photo there are 3 rolls of festive deco tape, The Sugar Plum Fairy (Paper Makeup Stamps), a set of Thickers and a set of letter stickers from one of my fave companies, Glitz! And don't forget the adorable sequin snowman! It a really great prize pack! I do need to say, this particular giveaway is only available to the U.S. I am so sorry, but to the rest of you, here is how to enter:
1. Follow this blog!
2. Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite Christmas craft is.

That's not too bad, eh? My contest will be open until December 22, 2013. I will announce the winner on December 26. Good luck, and remember to check out the rest of the hop over the next 10 days! You will want to be sure that you really keep checking back. There will be some really amazing prizes coming up! 

Here is the schedule of events:

Dec 10: Lizzie
Dec 11: Me
Dec 12: Damaris
Dec 13: Carisa
Dec 14: Shemaine
Dec 15: Kellie W.
Dec 16: Karyn
Dec 17: Cathy V
Dec 18: NormaJean
Dec 19: Kate
Dec 20: Kristy D
Dec 21: Judy R 
Dec 22: Cassie

Merry Christmas, happy Craftmas and all the days between!

20 comments:

  1. OH MY GLOB! You so need to make some Geronimo, Alloynsy and Fantastic ones. Wonder what the war doctor's saying is? B/c I like him better then "9" tho would that be 10? Or 8? Damn you Moffett! I'm so confused!
    Anyway... I think I love making holiday/christmas decor. Banners and altered objects. I made this killer tea bag holder thingie and it's my favorite thing in the kitchen right now. Ima be sad when Jan. 1st comes around hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee that is such a sweet craft I have to try that and I really hope I am following this blog. You ladies rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I so love this idea! Mh fav Christmas craft is crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so clever and so awesome, Love it cass!!!
    hugs Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Scrabble ornament craft! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these ornaments are gorgeous! I love the idea of using scrabble tiles in crafting - just need to get me some :) My favourite Christmas craft is scrapbooking and SMASH*ing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really a great idea. I want to try it! My favorite Christmas craft is making wreaths out of old tree balls. I just started making them this year and I've made three so far for friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite Christmas craft is making ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are super cute! I have a ton of scrabble tiles but with my luck all of the vowels are missing...lol. My fave Christmas crafts are handmade ornaments I create for neighbor and teacher gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is a fabulous idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are too cute and will be add to my must try list. My favoirte Chrismtas craft is making treats for my kids and their teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great and creative idea! I love making Christmas cards each year! Happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't get over how freaken cool those ornaments are! YOU GO GIRL!!!

    My fav Christmas craft has got to be altering things to decorate the home. Wreaths, Wood letters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very clever idea and I have a stash of scrabble tiles. I am a follower and my favorite Christmas craft is Christmas cards.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely love the Scrabble tile idea! Seriously cute!! My favorite Christmas craft is making clay ornaments for my tree. Then it would be closely followed by card making.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Scrabble tile ornament idea is FANTASTIC!!! I need to remember this for next year and be looking for Scrabble games in thrift stores!!! TFS.

    How lovely of you to offer blog candy. I am a brand-new follower of yours by Google Friend. Yippee!!!

    Have a lovely Christmas!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention my fave Christmas craft is remaking Christmas cards from the beautiful fronts of cards I have received in years past. :)
      <3 J

      jwoolbright at gmail dot com

      Delete
  17. I make needlepointed ornaments for my Christmas tree. I've been stitching them for many years so the tree is really full.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Favorite Christmas craft is making cards. I'm in love with your scrabble tile idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovin' the Scrabble ornaments!!
    My favorite (and kinda stressful, though actually) Christmas craft is making my cards! I also do like to bake Christmas goodies =]

    ReplyDelete