Saturday, September 19, 2015

Bloom

So the love affair with Prima's Julie Nutting dolls. I love them SOOO MUCH! She just released some new ones so I am hoping that maybe for Christmas? (::hint::)

It is that time of year when I need to start considering Christmas presents. Ahh, Christmas. That time of year that starts in about July each year and lasts until February. Over the last few years my husband and I have tried to downsize the expenses and the hullabaloo surrounding gifts and one way that I love to do that is to create something from the heart.

I had these frames sitting around. Naked wooden frames. Been to scared to use them until now, but today I had most of the day to myself and I decided today was the day to make a mess.
Yup, that's how it is!!! And I love every second of it!

Anyhow, I started by priming the frame with some thick gesso and then applied some Memory Keepers brown scrapbooking paint. (what exactly scrapbooking paint is, I haven't the foggiest) I lined the inside inlay of the frame with patterned paper and the rest, well...You can see the rest. :)

Of course there is a julie nutting prima doll, because...well, obsessed!!!I cut a bunch of flowers out of magazines and mod podged them down as well. Add some paper flags, some flair, scrabble tiles.....and viola!





I truly hope its new owner is happy to receive it when the time comes. I always feel a bit odd gifting something that has an expectation of use with it so I try to make it something functional when I do, and photo frames are very useful. Right? 

So cheers to the coming Christmas onslaught and all that comes with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment