Monday, September 19, 2016

Krafty Halloween

Get it? KRAFT-y? Cause I used kraft cardstock? ::eyeroll::

Seriously, tho. As hot and humid as it is I can't even imagine that October is ANYWHERE around the corner, but it surely is!

Recently, my family and I took a trip to the wizarding world of harry potter and it was, in every way, magical. It, however, took up about a month of my time finalizing plans and being sure that everything was ready and packed, and then, of course, the aftermath of a large trip, the likes of which, we have never taken.


All of this, wonderful tho it was, took away from any crafty mind-space I may have had. So, a week after coming home, here I finally am with something fun! (did I mention we are now planning a MASSIVE Harry Potter party for our soon-to-be 10 year old son?)

So, I got it in my head that I really wanted to make one of these cone wreaths. I had NO idea how difficult it was to keep these things semetrical! HA! Not to mention my seams. Huh. Still, I like how the colors peak out of the kraft paper and I like how the stamped image turned out on kraft stock. I used Core'dinations cardstock. Its like, one of my favorites of all time.  Also a new thing for me to play with!

Here is the center up-close. I used Marsha from Stampotique Originals, as well as "Happy Halloween", also from Stampotique Originals. So many of their images are perfect for the quirky time of year that is Halloween. I used Watercolor pencils, but no water. Just used them for coloring. Love how easily they glide onto the kraft stock.
Now, all I have to do is wait until October to hang this on my door! Its gonna be epic!

Next on my list of new things to try, Yupo paper and alcohol inks! I am so excited! Can't wait to share my results back here in a couple of days, so be on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment