Saturday, March 11, 2017

Word Up Weekend Ya'LL!

So, even though I may be from the south, when I speak most people think I am from the North. Always makes me giggle. So, there. Some South for Ya'LL Haha.

So this weekend I am back for Word Up Weekend with another fun and interactive ATC. This time, a slide pop up card. When I first started making cards I had an entire notebook filled with card instructions for things like this. It is fun to go back to my roots to create some fun ATCs.

The trouble I had with this one as well as a few others was that the instructions are for gigantic cards! So what's a card maker to do? Scale it down, of course!

Here is what you will need to create this card in ATC size:

2.5 x 3.5 in pieces of card-stock (you will need 2) Base pieces
1 7/8 x 3 in piece of card-stock Pull Slide
1 5/8 x 2 1/8 piece of card-stock Pop Up Front Base
1/2 x 2.0 in piece of card-stock Pop Up Front Image Piece

Take one of your 2 pieces of ATC sized card-stock and mark 3/8 in from all 4 edges. Cut 3 of the 4 sides (2 long and one short) leaving the 4th to be scored. The 4th will be the top of your card.
You will also score 1/4 inch from the bottom cut and 1 1/8 inches from the top score. Your 1/4 inch score will be valley, center will be peak and top will be valley. I have shown all of this in the above photo.

This next piece is the pull tab piece. You will attach the bottom portion of this piece to the bottom score portion of the piece you just cut and scored from the back. Once attached you can pull this tab and the front piece slides and pops up! (see top photo)
This image below is flipped because of how I wrote the numbers so, think upside-down, but the top will be even with the front and the bottom of the pull tab will be attached as shown here. 
These last two pieces will be the portion you attach to the front of the card that, when slid up, will pop up. I have created these to be nesting so that you have a frame.
The piece with this adorable kitty and polka dots is what is created just above. And, of course, lastly attach the two base pieces, only adhering the long sides. Leave the short sides open. Esp the top so that you can pull the tab, creating the pop up slide. Also be sure not to overlap your adhesive with the pull tab.
 I decided to use two sentiments: One on the top portion of the pull tab and one sentiment inside the bottom frame inside when revealed. I loved these two sentiments with the look on this kitten's face. Thought it matched up pretty well and it made me smile.

This is such a fun little card and once I figured out how to downsize it it went fairly quickly.. I have several more ideas so, be sure to check back for new and exciting ATCs!

Ingredients:

Line Up: Stampotique
Phrase Cube: Stampotique (2 of the 4 used)
Dylusions Sprays
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Color Box Black Ink
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface

No comments:

Post a Comment